HID Global’s OMNIKEY® 5427CK Dual Frequency Reader ( Low Frequency - 125kHz Proximity cards and high frequency - 13.56mHz Mifare Cards)
HID Global’s OMNIKEY® 5427CK combines a modern design with a small footprint and functions in virtually any PC environment, opening new market opportunities for system integrators. Independent of operating system, the reader includes CCID and Keyboard Wedge Interface and it is commonly used for secure print authentication applications and access control systems as well as PC login using existing employees’ credentials.
The reader also supports low (125kHz Proximity cards) and high frequency (13.56mHz Mifare Cards) technologies within a single device to provide organizations with a seamless migration path and enabling mixed credential technology environments.
Additionally, the reader includes an integrated, easy-to-use web based management tool that enables intuitive, browser-based configuration independent from the operating system.
Security – Enhanced system security supporting low and high frequency credentials including HID Prox®, Indala® Prox, MIFARE® Classic, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, iCLASS®, iCLASS SE® and SEOS®
Ease of use – Straightforward utilization of existing access control credentials for PC login in both CCID and Key Wedge operation modes.
CCID Support – Eliminates the need to install drivers on standard operating systems.
Keyboard Wedge support – Retrieves data from a card and presents the information directly to any application by emulating keyboard strokes.
Flexibility – Numerous accessories and mounting options are available
CONTACTLESS SMART CARD INTERFACE SPECIFICATIONS
iCLASS, iCLASS SE, iCLASS Seos, MIFARE Classic1K/4K, MIFARE Ultralight, MIFARE Ultralight C, MIFARE Plus, MIFARE DESFire 0.6, MIFARE DESFIre EV1
ISO 14443 A with 848 Kbps transmission rate (depending on card)
ISO 15693 with 26 Kbps transmission rate (depending on card)
EM4100, EM4102, EM4200, EM4305, EM4450 (Standard Mode Only)
PC/SC (ready for 2.01, in CCID mode)
Human Interface Device (in Keyboard Wedge Mode)
CONTACTLESS SMART CARD INTERFACE
- iCLASS, iCLASS SE, iCLASS Seos, MIFARE Classic1K/4K, MIFARE Ultralight, MIFARE Ultralight C, MIFARE Plus, MIFARE DESFire 0.6, MIFARE DESFIre EV1
- ISO 14443 A with 848 Kbps transmission rate (depending on card)
- ISO 15693 with 26 Kbps transmission rate (depending on card)
- HID PROX
- Indala Prox
- EM4100, EM4102, EM4200, EM4305, EM4450 (Standard Mode Only)
- PC/SC (ready for 2.01, in CCID mode)
- Human Interface Device (in Keyboard Wedge Mode)
- Compliant with native Human Interface Drivers (in Keyboard Wedge Mode)
- Compliant with native CCID drivers (in CCID mode)
- HID proprietary drivers available for Windows® XP, Vista, 7, 2008, 2008 R2 (all 32 bit/64 bit),Linux®, operating systems (32/64bit): Debian 6.0, Fedora 15, OpenSUSE 11.4 , Ubuntu 11.04, Mac® OS X 10.6/10.7 (in preparation)
- USB 2.0 (also compliant with USB 1.1)
- Transmission speed 12 Mbps (USB 2.0 full speed)
- Dimensions: 2.6” x 2.2” x 0.35” (66 mm x 55 mm x 9 mm)
- Weight: Approx. 14 g (0.49oz)
- Power supply: Bus powered
- Operating temperature: 0° - 50° C (32° - 122° F)
- Operating humidity: 10-90% rRelative Humidity
- Storage temperature: 20° - 65° C (-4° - 149° F)
- Status indicators: Dual color LED (green=ready, red=busy)
- Buzzer (programmable)
- Connector / cable Micro USB connector, cable not included
Safety / Environmental
- Compliant to ROHS, WEEE, IEC 60950-1
- Warranty Two year manufacturer's warranty